Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

My Small Moment

GAME DAY
On Saturday I woke up feeling like an All Black because it was game day for me. I was versing Eastern Suburbs. I felt excited about versing them because I had never versed them. It was Tamaki Marist Verse Eastern Suburbs. After a little warm up we had to work on our tackling.  All the parents and families from my team came to watch their child. My dad and brothers came to watch me. The first half whistle blew and the game started.
Screenshot 2014-07-24 at 11.34.30 AM.png

We kicked the ball and chased it as fast as we could. The opposition got the ball and ran it straight up and BOOM! they got tackled like the big bad wolf blew the straw house down. Then there half back got the ball and passed it to his team then out of nowhere one of our team intercepted the ball and ran as fast as he could. He ran and ran. Then he passed it and scored a try. He felt like he was Ben Smith from the AB’s (All Blacks). Then the half time whistle went. The coach got us into a little group and told us the things we did good and what we need work on the second half to make him proud for coaching our team. Then Eastern Suburbs kicked the ball it went as high as the Marist club. I got the ball and ran, then I dumby  passed it and sprinted it to the try line. Ollie our kicker got the conversion. Eastern Suburbs kicked it again. Manu the strongest in our team ran and ran and bumped the other  team  off. Then he  passed it and Andreas scored another try.  It was his 3rd try of the day(a hat trick.) Then the full time whistle went. We were proud of winning our third game in a row it was like winning the lotto.  We were so excited we spun round in circles a lot of times and got dizzy and fell to the ground.I felt exhausted after the game because it was one of the longest games I have had this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment