Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

Life in the trenches

Dear Brother,
I really miss you guys We are stuck in the trenches. We have seen so many disgusting rodents that carry diseases. We have been stuck in here for days and the Turks can’t stop attacking us. We have lost more than  two and a half thousand soldiers, and there are only a couple thousand left. Tell mum not to worry because I am fine. I have dodged a few bullets but one nearly got me, I started running and dived into the trenches. I saw the wound and blood rushed down my shoulder. My wound has been protected and I told the general to put me back in for battle, He said “NO”. After the battle we did some more training. The weather down here is freezing.our hands were shaking and we still did some training We had to march, practice our shooting and aiming in the freezing weather. The food here is amazingly disgusting because we have been been getting tin food. We have been told 1 million times by the general to eat or starve  yourself by the general. I have gone out to field to save a wounded member, but alongside all of that I miss mom's cooking and  dads shouting. I missyou guys. I have really really really missed you guys, and of course I love you guys and miss you guys,but until the next time we meet all the best and all the love.
Your loving brother John
P:S: Tell dad not to jump but his cooking is terrible. love you guys

0 comments:

Post a Comment